So, one of master server’s disk filled up with replication logs last night. We had a permission issue due to our data center move. An oversight on my part. Anyhow, I got to the server and purged the old logs and the master server started responding with no problems. However, the slaves did not. Both slaves connected to the master would not respond to a slave stop. Nor would they respond to a mysqladmin shutdown. I had to kill -9 the daemons to get them to stop. When I restarted the daemon and started the slave, all was fine.
I am hoping someone knows what is going on or can tell me what to send in a bug report. I don’t want to just put that in a bug report. It is kind of lame and useless.
Update: This may be my problem. Bug #31024. I certainly did not give the slave a long time to stop.